I married later than most people do. Particularly for those who live in Utah. I thought I knew myself pretty well, but marriage is a lot like looking in the mirror. When people used to share that little nugget of wisdom I thought they were suggesting that my spouse would be similar to me.
Ahem, not exactly.
It’s myself that I see reflected back to me. So here’s the top 10 things I learned since getting married 3 1/2 years ago.
1. It can be okay that we don’t like to hang bath towels the same way.
2. I tend to speak for other people (Steve) when they (Steve) can do it for his/her self (Steve). This, apparently, is not good. This is news to me.
3. I make my husband laugh. A lot.
4. Sometimes I think the exact thing my husband is thinking.
5. Sometimes I’m not at all close to thinking the same thing Steve is thinking.
6. I can do a lot of things I didn’t think I could do (zip lining, scuba diving, cutting back on the shoe purchases, answering nature’s call in the woods–Don’t ask.)
7. I get weird about the laundry.
8. I have issues with other people being in my kitchen. (I’m working on that one.)
9. I know the difference between a junco and a house finch.
10. Sometimes I tend to take the complicated route when the simpler route will do just fine.